Position:Technical Sales Representative, Plastics
Based: Bridgwater, Somerset
Reporting To: Sales Manager (Scientific)
Salary Range: Competitive Salary, negotiable (depending upon experience), 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday), paid monthly in arrears
Start Date: Immediate
Holiday: Holiday entitlement will be 25 days per annum, plus public holidays
Monmouth Plastics is a rapidly growing and developing Plastic Fabrication and Engineering company. We offer high quality fabricated items in most commercial plastics. Dependent upon the product, GRP reinforcement may be applied for strength and UV protection. Additionally we can carry out site-based installations of our manufactured products. Examples of items we manufacture can be seen on our website, but include Plastic Ductwork, Chemical Tanks, Plenums, Bunds and Special Fabrications.
An opportunity has arisen for the position of “Technical Sales Representative”, to work alongside our small but dedicated team, and strengthen our Customer offering. Working closely with our Scientific business, the successful candidate will play an integral role in the Plastics operation and development from the offset. Applicants should be technically-minded, able to work on multiple tasks at any one time, and enjoy the non-stop atmosphere of a busy office environment.
Coming from a sales and/or engineering background the successful candidate will answer new enquiries and as such will need to possess a good telephone manner, and be able to communicate using accurate technical language. After a short period of training, we would expect them to be capable of understanding the properties of the engineering plastics used in our products, in order to specify and provide a solution which takes into account the chemical compatibility of the materials used, while considering the temperature, pressure and other such factors. It is expected that the successful candidate will be capable of reading simple engineering drawings, and be able to calculate the volume and area of tanks and enclosures from the dimensions given by clients.
The candidate will need to calculate and prepare accurate detailed written quotations, including the need to document all costings, source & cost materials and prepare accurate pricing.
In addition to the Sales elements of the role outlined above, applicants will be expected to participate in the daily office duties as necessary, include order processing and purchasing of materials required to complete projects for our clients.
At this stage the role is expected to be office-based at our factory in Bridgwater, but there may be opportunities to expand the role by visiting clients at their premises in the future, and we fully envisage the right candidate quickly taking on more responsibility within the Company.
Summary Of Duties:
- To sell and promote the Monmouth Plastics range of products and services whilst ensuring the high company standards are maintained.
- To be an integral part of the ongoing development and growth of the business
- To create and maintain a new database of customers past and present
- To work closely with our eCommerce website to develop new product lines and additions to our ranges.
- Liaise with and guide our marketing team in all aspects of marketing the Monmouth Plastics products and business.
- To ensure above everything else that the Customer’s exact needs and requirements are adhered to, to maintain and strengthen Monmouth’s reputation
- To receive and action e-mails, calls and general communication, both externally and internally
- To review and handle and all enquiries and orders, however received, in a timely and accurate manner
- To work to Customer requirements, ensuring the correct drawings (produced by the design team) are presented to and approved by the Customer, before handing Fabrication teams
- To anticipate and plan workloads to make the most efficient use of time
- To thoroughly understand, prioritise and plan each job in liaison with the Design & Fabrication teams
- To assist with the management of all standard materials and relevant stock items, by anticipating future requirements, placing timely orders and verifying receipt, with input from team
- To adhere to all Health & Safety policies issued by the Company
- To always represent the company in a professional, well-presented and courteous manner
- To participate in any other duties or activities deemed necessary as required
Essential Key Skills, Responsibilities & Person Specification (including, but not limited to):
- A customer focussed approach to work and capable from thinking from a customer perspective
- Drive and ambition to assist the company in achievement of all strategic goals
- Excellent IT skills using Word, Excel etc.
- Experience of eCommerce website development and management is desirable
- Flexible and positive work ethic, willing to support other departments as and when required
- Ability to prioritise work and resolve issues in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
- Calm disposition under pressure, able to work under own initiative and make efficient decisions
- Ability to employ critical thinking, logic and reasoning to analyse, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Excellent organisational, listening and communication skills, both verbal & written
- Ability to continuously meet targets and surpass expectations
- Excellent attention to detail, technically minded, and able to assess and evaluate progress and standards ongoing
- Personable nature, with the ability to liaise at all levels with internal & external Customers
- Able to demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Willingness and energy to maintain and improve individual skills, keeping up-to-date with the latest procedures and methods
- Experience of a fabrication environment is desirable
- Background in technical sales would be desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent in 5 subjects, including Maths and English
NB: This Job Description is provided to assist the Employee in understanding the principal duties of the role. It may, however, be amended from time to time by the HR Department as the job evolves, in consultation with the Employee, without any change to the level of responsibility or remuneration appropriate to the grading of the position.
Monmouth Scientific Ltd/Monmouth Plastics Ltd are Equal Opportunities employers, and positively encourage and welcome applications from all who meet our selection criteria. Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person who does not have ‘entitlement and eligibility’ to work in the UK, so please ensure you have this permission before applying.
Please write a covering letter detailing your salary expectations, enclosing your CV and any relevant supporting material to:
HR & Business Director
Monmouth Plastics Limited
Units 5 & 6 Kilnside
Somerset, TA6 4DB
By applying for this role, you agree to us sharing your data inside our Companies with those responsible for recruitment & training, purely for the purpose of this recruitment campaign.
Applicants who demonstrate competency in the key selection criteria and most closely match our requirements will be short-listed for a brief telephone Interview soon after the closing date. If you are successful at this first stage, you will be invited to a more formal Interview at our Bridgwater Head Office.
Deadline for applications: strictly 5pm, Friday 21st June 2019
Applications will be accepted by post, email or in person to our reception area. All applications received by the closing date will be acknowledged. We reserve the right to amend the closing date should a suitable candidate be found.
No Agencies please. Please note: We cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or e-mail system.